Tuesday 20 March 2012

Hundred Watt Weekend

What a glorious weekend I've had! Shows, shopping, nights out and a couple of lovely surprises thrown in - I'm tired and happy, and glad to be home with a cup of tea at last...

On Friday I joined the regular cast of 'The Burlesque Show' for another stop on the tour - this time at the beautiful Civic Theatre in Darlington
The Civic Theatre, Darlington

The show was as fabulous as ever: we were joined this time by Flixx Demontrant (who definitely lives up to his moniker as 'the Johnny Depp of Burlesque'!) and Mr. B, the Gentleman Rhymer who's 'Chap-Hop' style has me in stitches: and the audience were very appreciative! We also received this wonderful review which made me smile, and blush!


We were also lucky enough to be staying in the grandest hotel afterwards! So we took the opportunity to relax in the lounge with a couple of drinks and share chat and gossip, and of course take a couple of photographs!!
Our beautiful hotel for the evening

Fancy Chance and Jim Devereaux!

Mr. B - Lord of the Manor (edited with iDarkroom)

On Saturday I took a road-trip south with Jim Devereaux and Mr. B, who kindly dropped me off near London to enable me to get to me second show of the weekend: and what a show! A movie-themed edition of 'The Hundred Watt Club' in Hampshire, hosted by the wonderful Tempest Rose and headlined by international showgirl Cherry Shakewell - the show was a sell-out and a sensation! I especially loved Sandy Sure's Beetlejuice act - perfectly revolting!
Mirror Picture!! With Tempest Rose, Sandy Sure, Miss Jones and Cherry Shakewell


What it takes to make me presentable on-stage! (Edited with iDarkroom)

After travelling half way around the country in two days, I was exhausted, so I was grateful for the opportunity to rest, relax and be thoroughly spoiled for a couple of days: including Sunday Dinner and a shopping trip to Camden Vintage Market (can you believe I've never been shopping in Camden before?!) where I purchased a lovely 1920's style dress and fur stole for half price!: visiting a beautiful subterranean African-themed bar: birthday drinks in Brixton for the darling Abi Collins: ice-cream and deer-spotting in the sunshine of Richmond Park, and ending a blissful couple of days with a beautiful meal beside the Thames... I am a lucky lady.
 
Sunday Lunch in Camden
 
  
 
 

Seen around Camden and Stables Market

Lots of wine with Abi Collins!

 

 

 
Seen around Richmond Park and Isabella Plantations

The view from the restaurant - the Thames at sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment