Tuesday 17 July 2012

High Tease and High Glamour

On Saturday I was excited to be rejoining High Tease at The Lowry - this fabulous venue was the first place I ever performed with The Ministry of Burlesque a little over two years ago and it's always lovely to be back.


I was Stage-Managing the first half, which is terrifying: I always get much more nervous for kittening than performing (and I get nervous as hell for that already!) as there is so much more responsibility, but it went without a hitch! Mostly thanks to Dan from Circus House Manchester who helped with Ms. Merlin's 'Wonder Woman' act as it involved lots of throwing of things and I don't have the best aim - I throw like a girl, hehehe.

Ria Lina was hosting and we were joined by the incredible Mazeppa Cossack dance troupe who recreate traditional Russian Folk dances with a modern, audience interactive twist. There were also two guys from Circus House Manchester who did LED poi and staffing as a chimney sweep! It was a very exciting show and the audience loved it.

The best thing about doing a show so close to home is being able to get back to my own bed for the night and I was soon tucked up with a glass of wine and a classic movie! Bliss!

The next day I had a wonderfully glamorous photo shoot planned with a fabulous, up and coming photographer - we were hoping to recreate some classic Hollywood shots for a couple of exciting projects I have in the pipeline.

Classic Hollywood Glamour

We began with a more natural look against a white background, and worked through a high-contrast glamour look and a decadent green satin drape before ending with some beautiful black and white images.

High Contrast Glamour

All of the images from the shoot are available to view on my website at www.miamerode.co.uk and hopefully I'll be able to reveal more about the project in a few weeks!
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment