Tuesday 14 August 2012

London Sunshine

Another busy weekend, in the glorious sunshine of London Town!

Screen-shot off my phone of the 'Rouge' website

On Thursday I was excited to be performing at the gorgeous new 'Rouge Bar' in Barbican: the venue is beautiful and decorated in a modern speakeasy style, which I loved.

I was the only Burlesque performer that evening, and as it's not officially open yet (launch is in September) the crowd was small but very enthusiastic.

Solo Mirror Picture

On Friday night I was headlining at Proud Cabaret - this venue is one of my favourites as it is like stepping back in time as soon as you head down the stairs, and everyone who works there is lovely too!

Proud Cabaret

I was excited for a few reasons for this show: firstly because Chrys Columbine was also performing and it was lovely to catch up with her again after not seeing her for about two years! Also because my Uncle Peter was in London and had come to watch the show (first time he's seen me perform Burlesque!) And finally because my gorgeous Elle Amour was performing for another show in town and came to Proud for the post-show drinks... of which there were many...
With Kitty Devine, Elle Amour and a bottle of pink wine!

The line-up is always fabulous at Proud and included Kitty Devine, Scarlet Cuffs and Ben Brown, all held together by the hysterically funny Velma Celli.  As Kitty was also performing, she recorded my 'Sugar' act and the video is up on my website - thank you!!

With Chrys Columbine, Scarlet Cuffs and Elle Amour

To round off a trio of weekend shows, I headed back to Rouge for the Saturday night show - yet again a small but perfectly formed audience! I had worked a little on my 'Lust' costume, adding more sparkles and glitter, and it was nice to debut the new outfit in such a gorgeously appropriate setting.

I'm off to Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival this week, so expect lots and lots of pictures!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment