Monday 31 December 2012

Looking Back and Looking Forward

Where does the time go? This year has flown by so fast, I can't believe we're in 2013! It's been a year of spectacular highs and crushing lows, with so many ups, downs and changes that my head is still reeling from it all!
I have been fortunate enough to spend so much time during the year with so many wonderful people - gorgeous friends and supportive family, and meeting new friends too.

Looking back over 2012:

January
First picture on this blog!

February
 
Snowed in at the theatre ** With Joe Black and Vendetta Vain!

 
First show at Proud Cabaret ** Burlesque Show on Tour

March
First Burlesque Night Out!

Burlesque Show on Tour!

April
 
Filming Coronation Street ** Going Blonde

May
Beautiful Theatres

Newborn Kittens!

 
Favourite Photoshoot ** Voltini Wedding

June
My Birthday!!

July
My first festival - Nova

Second Festival - Milton Keynes

August
Burlesque Show on tour to Jersey

 
Edinburgh Fringe Festival ** Filming for The Old Vic Theatre

September
Moving to London!!

October
 
Loads of shows and loads of coffee!

Filming Cabariot

November
 
Halloween Shows ** Photoshoot for the book 'Behind Burlesque'

A visit from the Grandparents

I became a Godmother!

December
Attending a film premier! ** Filming 'Burlesque 3D'

 
Learning Fire ** 'Vintage Life' feature

Christmas!

It truly has been a year of great adventures!

NEW YEAR 2013:
So what will 2013 bring? In January last year I made this blog my New Years Resolution and it's probably the only time I've actually carried a resolution through the whole year, so I'm very proud of myself! 

In 2013 I have a list as long as my arm of things I would like to achieve, professionally and personally. There are so many fabulous shows in the UK and abroad I would love to be part of and I am going to apply for international festivals this year too! 
I would like to write more - the articles (rants) and interviews I've done as part of this blog over the year have been well received and I enjoyed writing them so I would like to do more for a wider audience, whether on-line or in magazines. 
I want to do more singing and acting and would like to get an agent again (my acting agency broke up several years ago) for film and theatre work.
2013 is also the year of new skills! I began learning fire performance in December and I am going to practise and practise! I am going to go back to dance classes - ballet and jazz, and maybe even challenge myself to try a new dance style too! And I'm also looking into taking horse-riding lessons - it's something I love that can be completely separate to everything else in my life as it's not performance or work related and can be totally for myself.

So, raise that glass of champagne, toast friends and loved ones: it's a new year and a new start - anything bad from last year can be forgotten and left behind, and we can face the year ahead with our heads held high and hopeful!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment