Friday 10 May 2013

Love, Lust, Life and Learning

Yes, I've been particularly lax at posting again. I'm not going to lie and say I've been that busy, but I have been occupied with other, 'real life' concerns that have left me unable and unwilling to post a lot.

On the performance side, I've had a couple of lovely shows in the last few weeks: one of my favourite regular shows is High Tease in Bath at the Komedia - the audiences are always lovely and I have a blast whenever I'm there.


One of the best parts about the Bath shows is getting to hang out with everyone after the show and eat burgers from the amazing burger shop next to the Komedia!

The following week I performed at a couple of hen parties for the company Burlesque Baby - the girls were lovely and appreciative, and I always enjoy working for the company as they look after their performers so well.


Mirror Pictures!

After dashing around Soho and Covent Garden all afternoon I took myself off to Volupte Lounge for a double show with the gorgeous Tempest Rose and House of Burlesque.

The show was inspired by the very first show I did with the company, Circus Burlesque, which was based on the Seven Deadly Sins. Each show in this run is inspired by one of the sins and the opposite virtue, so I performed Lust (obviously!) and Chastity, depicted with my rarely seen, non-striptease serpentine dance.

Mirror Picture! With Gwendoline L'Amour, Tommaso, Dolly Rose, Tempest Rose and Betty Blushes!

I adore the girls in the show, and it was especially lovely to meet the gorgeous Gwendoline L'Amour at last - she is one of the pioneers of the modern burlesque scene in London and the UK and she was an absolute delight to chat to between shows.

This weekend I have a private party to head to where I'll be singing a few songs for a birthday girl alongside a stellar line-up!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment